Your desks, meeting rooms and offices can be set up and managed easily within Optix. This article will cover the process for creating, duplicating and editing spaces.
All of these actions can be completed by clicking on Locations & Spaces in the dashboard menu, then selecting the venue you wish to manage spaces for, and clicking in to the Spaces tab.
This article covers:
- Creating a space
- Duplicating a space
- Editing an individual space
- Editing multiple spaces (bulk edit)
- Deleting spaces
Create a space
- Click the blue plus button in the top right of the 'Spaces' screen
- Specify a 'Space name'. This is what will be visible to users when booking through the app
- Select a 'Space type'. Space types are used to categorize similar spaces and relate to the way in which you can grant users allowances through plans. Learn more about space types.
- Add a space description and capacity (for rooms)
- Use the toggle next to 'This space can be booked by the hour' to tell Optix if you want the space to be available for bookings in the app. If enabled, you will be prompted to enter some additional fields.
- Booking type determines if the space shows up under the 'Book a desk' or 'Book a room' section of the app. When booking type is set to 'Desk', you will have the option to specify a 'Booking Group'. Booking groups are a mechanism to group together desks that have the same/similar properties and display them as a single group on the user's booking screen instead of listing them out individually.
- If desired, set a minimum/maximum booking time as well as your rules around booking cancellations.
- If you want a space to be available for bookings outside of the opening hours you specified on the 'Details' tab, you can enable this by using the 24/7 toggle.
- Upload a space photo (optimum resolution 1420 x 860 px)
- Link a calendar. If you have enabled a calendar integration (Google, Office 365 or Exchange) on the 'Integrations' page, you will see a calendar section where you can either select or specify which external calendar you want to link to the space. If a calendar is linked, any bookings made in Optix will block time in the linked calendar and vice versa.
- Under the 'Amenities' section, specify any included room features/amenities. This information will cede in to the space profile that users can reference when making a booking.
- Specify pricing for the space. Optix will always first look to see if there is a plan allowance to charge a booking to, and the prices specified will come in to effect for off plan bookings, plan overages and ShareDesk marketplace bookings (when integration is enabled)
- Click Save
Duplicate a space
If you have multiple spaces with similar properties (e.g. 20 hot desks) you can use the duplicate feature to save yourself time during the set up process.
- Click the more button (three vertical dots) next to the space you wish to duplicate
- In the window that pops up on screen, specify how many duplicates you would like to create as well as your desired naming convention, then click Duplicate
Editing a single space
You can change any space property by clicking on the space you wish to edit. If you want to update the same property (e.g. price or 24/7 bookings) for a group of spaces, you can use the bulk editing functionality.
Editing multiple spaces (bulk edits)
Many space attributes can be updated by using the bulk edit functionality in Optix. This allows you to quickly change a property across multiple spaces without having to click in to each one individually. The following attributes can be updated using bulk edit, any others must be updated for each space individually.
To use the bulk edit function:
- Select the spaces you wish to edit using the checkbox to the left of the space details
- Click Bulk Edit at the bottom of your screen
- Select the attribute you wish to update
- Make changes and click Save
To delete an individual space, you can simply click in to the space and then click Delete space in at the bottom of the screen.
To delete multiple spaces, select the spaces using the checkbox to the left of the space information, then click Delete all from the blue bar at the bottom of your screen.