Spaces in Optix have internal calendars which manage the availability and bookings of that space. With the Google Calendar integration you are able to sync your calendar with Optix to reduce duplication and ensure your calendars are up-to-date.
There are two steps to successfully sync your external calendar to your Optix account. Step one is to sync the overall accounts together. Step two is to link a specific calendar (associated with a particular meeting room) with the corresponding space within Optix.
Before you start
A few important things to note before you get started.
- You can only sync one Google calendar to one space within your venue.(i.e. Google Calendar ABC can be synced with Meeting Room ABC)
- .You will need to create multiple calendars under one Google account, you will then see those calendars in the drop-down menu of the space you wish to connect.
- Creating a booking in Google Calendar will result in an External Booking in Optix, you cannot assign a user and draw from that users plan allowance doing this. To draw from a users plan allowance use the Admin Dashboard calendar.
- If you change a booking in the Google Calendar, the billing will not be recalculate and be updated in Optix - ensure that you make any changes to Optix bookings in Optix so billing is updated correctly.
Step 1: Sync your Google/Office 365 Calendar with Optix:
- Select Apps from the left-hand menu then click Find new apps
- Scroll down and click Google Cal
- Click Install
- Enter the Google account credentials for the account where the space calendars are hosted
- You will be redirected back to Optix where you can connect specific spaces in Optix to the linked calendars (see steps below)
Step 2: Connect a specific Google Calendar or Office 365 with a corresponding space within Optix:
Once you've connected your Google account, you're ready to sync a specific Google Calendar with its corresponding space within Optix.
- Select Venues & Spaces from the left-hand menu
- Select the venue you wish to modify
- Select the Spaces tab
- Click the space you with to edit
- Scroll to the 'Calendar' section and select a calendar from the dropdown menu
- Choose which of your Google or Office 365 calendars you want to connect to this space, then click Save