Your desks, meeting rooms and offices can be set up and managed easily within Optix. This article will cover the process for creating your first resource. Find more information on resources by visiting the Resources FAQ page.
Create a resource
- Go into the Resources in the left-hand menu of your web dashboard
- Click the Add resource in the top right of the 'Resources' screen
- Specify a 'Resource name'. This is what will be visible to users when booking through the app
- Select a 'Resource type'. Resource types are used to categorize similar resources and relate to the way in which you can grant users allowances through plans. Learn more about resource types.
- Add a resource description and capacity (for rooms only)
- Use the toggle next to 'Bookable by the hour' to specify if you want the resource to be available for bookings in the app. If enabled, you will be prompted to enter some additional fields.
- Booking type determines if the resource will show up under the 'Book a desk' or 'Book a room' section of the app. When the booking type is set to 'Desk', you will have the option to specify a 'Booking Group'. Booking groups are a mechanism to group together desks that have the same/similar properties and display them as a single group on the user's booking screen instead of listing them out individually.
- If desired, set a minimum/maximum booking time as well as your rules around booking cancellations.
- If you want a resource to be available for bookings outside of the opening hours you specified on the 'Details' tab, you can enable this by using the 24/7 toggle.
- Upload a resource photo (optimum resolution 1420 x 860 px)
- Link a calendar. If you have enabled a calendar integration (Google, Office 365 or Exchange) on the 'Integrations' page, you will see a calendar section where you can either select or specify which external calendar you want to link to the resource. If a calendar is linked, any bookings made in Optix will block time in the linked calendar and vice versa.
- Under the 'Amenities' section, specify any included room features/amenities. This information will cede in to the resource profile that users can reference when making a booking.
- Specify pricing for the resource. Optix will always first look to see if there is a plan allowance to charge a booking to, and the prices specified will come in to effect for off plan bookings and plan overages.
- Click Save
Adding a buffer time between bookings
Want to have some time to clean a resource before the next booking? Create a buffer between the end of the last booking, and the start of the next booking.
- Click in to Resources in the left-hand menu of your web dashboard, and select the resource in question
- Select an amount of time in the drop-down field under the title 'Buffer time (between bookings).
- The amount of time you select is the amount of time between the booking. Eg. If you select 30 min, it will place a 30 minutes total between the end of the last booking, and the start of the next booking.
Note: This setting affects all users.
Need more info on Resources?