Your desks, meeting rooms and offices can be set up and managed easily within Optix. This article will cover the process for creating, duplicating and editing resources.
All of these actions can be completed by clicking on Resources in the left-hand menu of your web dashboard.
This article covers:
- Creating a resource
- Duplicating a resource
- Editing an individual resource
- Editing multiple resources (bulk edit)
- Bookable by Administrators only
- Deleting resources
Create a resource
- Click the Add resource in the top right of the 'Resources' screen
- Specify a 'Resource name'. This is what will be visible to users when booking through the app
- Select a 'Resource type'. Resource types are used to categorize similar resources and relate to the way in which you can grant users allowances through plans. Learn more about resource types.
- Add a resource description and capacity (for rooms only)
- Use the toggle next to 'Bookable by the hour' to specify if you want the resource to be available for bookings in the app. If enabled, you will be prompted to enter some additional fields.
- Booking type determines if the resource will show up under the 'Book a desk' or 'Book a room' section of the app. When the booking type is set to 'Desk', you will have the option to specify a 'Booking Group'. Booking groups are a mechanism to group together desks that have the same/similar properties and display them as a single group on the user's booking screen instead of listing them out individually.
- If desired, set a minimum/maximum booking time as well as your rules around booking cancellations.
- If you want a resource to be available for bookings outside of the opening hours you specified on the 'Details' tab, you can enable this by using the 24/7 toggle.
- Upload a resource photo (optimum resolution 1420 x 860 px)
- Link a calendar. If you have enabled a calendar integration (Google, Office 365 or Exchange) on the 'Integrations' page, you will see a calendar section where you can either select or specify which external calendar you want to link to the resource. If a calendar is linked, any bookings made in Optix will block time in the linked calendar and vice versa.
- Under the 'Amenities' section, specify any included room features/amenities. This information will cede in to the resource profile that users can reference when making a booking.
- Specify pricing for the resource. Optix will always first look to see if there is a plan allowance to charge a booking to, and the prices specified will come in to effect for off plan bookings and plan overages.
- Click Save
Adding a buffer time between bookings
Want to have some time to clean a resource before the next booking? Create a buffer between the end of the last booking, and the start of the next booking.
- Select an amount of time in the drop-down field under the title 'Buffer time (between bookings).
- The amount of time you select is the amount of time between the booking. Eg. If you select 30 min, it will place a 30 minutes total between the end of the last booking, and the start of the next booking.
Note: This setting affects all users.
Duplicate a resource
If you have multiple resources with similar properties (e.g. 20 hot desks) you can use the duplicate feature to save yourself time during the set up process.
- Click the more button (three vertical dots) next to the resource you wish to duplicate, and click Duplicate
- In the window that pops up on screen, specify how many duplicates you would like to create as well as your desired naming convention, then click Duplicate
Editing a single resource
You can change any resource property by clicking on the resource you wish to edit. If you want to update the same property (e.g. price or 24/7 bookings) for a group of resources, you can use the bulk editing functionality (see below).
Editing multiple resources (bulk edits)
Many resource attributes can be updated by using the bulk edit functionality in Optix. This allows you to quickly change a property across multiple resources without having to click in to each one individually. The following attributes can be updated using bulk edit, any others must be updated for each resource individually.
To use the bulk edit function:
- Select the resources you wish to edit using the checkbox to the left of the resource details
- Click Bulk Edit at the bottom of your screen
- Select the attribute you wish to update
- Make changes and click Save
Bookable by Administrators Only
It is possible to make a room bookable by an administrator only. When enabled members will not be able to book the resource via the mobile app. A member must contact the an administrator to book this resource.
To delete an individual resource, you can simply click in to the resource and then click Delete resource in at the bottom of the screen.
To delete multiple resources, select the resources using the checkbox to the left of the resource information, then click Delete all from the blue bar at the bottom of your screen.