Your desks, meeting rooms, equipment, childcare slots, forklifts, you name it – any bookable items! – can be set up and managed easily within Optix. This article will cover the process for creating your first resource. Find more information on resources by visiting the Resources FAQ page.
Create a resource
1. Go into the Resources > All resource page from the left-hand menu of your web dashboard
2. Click the Add resource in the top right of the 'Resources' screen
3. You can create a new resource from scratch, or use a template (aka existing) resource. By choosing from a template, your new resource will be populated with many of the same settings as the template. From here, you can make alterations for this specific resource.
4. Fill in the general information, such as the name, location of the resource, type, and quantity.
Using resource types allows you to categorize your resources and apply specific parameters to this group. Learn more about resource types.
The quantity refers to the number of duplicates you wish to create. For example, if you have 50 hot desks you’d like to list, you’d input ‘50’ in this field. Read this FAQ for more advanced duplicating options.
5. Create a profile for your resource to give users more context and information. This includes writing a description, including any relevant photos, providing instructions on how to locate the resource in your organization, etc.
Note: ‘Capacity’ refers to the maximum amount of users the resource can hold. ‘Quantity’ (in the General section) refers to the number of duplicate resources created from this sequence.
6. In the ‘Booking policy’ section, specify whether only admins can book this resource on behalf of users, or if users will be able to book in the app. To customize settings such as cancelation policy and repeat booking ability, click ‘Configure’ to be taken to the Booking Policy panel. Learn more about booking policy details.
7. Optionally, choose to assign your resource(s) to a booking group. Booking groups are a mechanism to group together desks that have the same/similar properties and display them as a single group on the user's booking screen instead of listing them out individually. Alternatively, you could select 'No booking group' if you wish for these resources to be listed individually.
Choose whether to enable the ability for this resource to be used in an assignment. An assignment is a longer-term booking made for a user on behalf of an admin, with the ability to customize the pricing, billing cycle, and start/end dates.
Specify pricing for the resource. Optix will always first look to see if there is a plan allowance to charge a booking to, and the prices specified will come into effect for off-plan bookings and plan overages.
Note: If the total from the number of booked hours multiplied by the hourly booking price is MORE than the day rate, the date rate will be applied.
Under the ‘Amenities' section, specify any included room features/amenities. This information will cede into the resource profile that users can reference when making a booking.
You can also opt to create your own amenity to add to your resource by clicking ‘+ MORE' at the bottom of the list. This amenity will save, and you can use it again when creating new resources.
10. As a final step, Link a calendar. If you have enabled a calendar integration (Google, Office 365 or Exchange) on the 'Integrations' page, you will see a calendar section where you can either select or specify which external calendar you want to link to the resource. If a calendar is linked, any bookings made in Optix will block time in the linked calendar and vice versa.
11. Hit Save. Your resource will now appear in your Resources list. If you’ve opted to create several instances of the resource using the ‘Quantity' field, these will all iterate in the Resources list. The naming scheme will follow a numerical order, i.e. ‘Resource’, ‘Resource 2’, ‘Resource 3’, etc.
Need more info on Resources?