Within Optix, admins have the ability to set three different types of access for new users signing up.
When you have allowed users to register themselves, a user can download the app and onboard themselves, gaining access to the app without any actions on behalf of a venue admin.
To do this, first go to Settings > Mobile apps from your web dashboard. Then, next to ‘new users gain access to the app in the following way’, select ‘Users can register themselves’. Done!
When you have allowed users to register themselves, a user can download the app and onboard themselves, gaining access to the app without any actions on behalf of a venue admin. You will also be able to customize a web user sign-up form that can be embedded directly on to your website.
Customization options when enabling self-registration (via your app and website)
When enabling users to register themselves, either through the app or through the web user sign-up form, you can customize:
- Whether you'd like to require users to add a credit card
- Whether you'd like to require users to subscribe to a plan (Settings > Plans)
- Which of your plans you'd like to be visible (if requiring users to select a plan, they will be able to select from any that you have designated as 'Public Facing' under the individual plan's settings)
- Any information that you’d like to collect about your users (with custom properties, you’ll be able to customize and collect details as they join your community)
- You'll also be able to charge for a deposit or set up fee which will be the default charges associated with the plan
Need more info on Users & Teams?