To allow new users to sign up for your space via the web, you will first have to create and customize your web onboarding plugin, and then embed the code export from Optix on to your website.
Follow these quick steps below to get going!
Step 1 - Enable User Onboarding
- Select Settings from the left hand menu, and then Features
- Click the more button (three vertical dots) next to User Onboarding
- Next to 'New users can gain access to your mobile app in the following way', select Users can register themselves from the dropdown menu
Step 2 - Customizing Your Onboarding Widget
- Click Web User Sign-Up tab on the top of the screen, observe a mock up of the sign up screen and an editor panel on the left side of the screen
- From the Design tab of the editor panel, you can customize the look and feel of the widget including color and front. You may also choose to select a preset theme.
- Click through to the Options tab of the editor panel to upload images and specify welcome/thank you text
- Click Save Changes
Step 3 - Sharing Your Widget or Link
- Click through to the Embed tab and specify how you would like the widget to display on your website (pop up, embed or via a link)
- Click Get the Code/Link to generate an export of the code that can be added to your website
Embedding user sign-up on to your website
Note: your website must be SSL enabled (https) in order to accept payments through this feature. If you are not sure if your website meets these requirements, please contact your web developer or website hosting service
In Step 3 - Sharing Your Widget or Link, you will have generated an export of some computer code. This needs to be added to your website in order to complete the process of integrating web user sign-up with your website.
When exporting the code, you first have to select how you want the sign-up form to display on your website.
- Embed will allow you to have the sign up form integrated on to one of your existing web pages
- Pop-up will allow you to have users click a button to open a modal that displays over top of the webpage
- Link will give you the URL to which you can connect a "Sign-up" button (or something similar) to open the web user sign-up form on a separate page.
If you are unfamiliar with how to edit your website, it is recommended that you work directly with your web developer on how best to integrate this functionality on your site.
Understanding your design options
Within the 'Design' tab you have a number of properties that can be customized to ensure the sign-up experience reflects your organization's branding.
- Choose a theme - allows you to select from a templated theme, you can use this as a starting point and then make further customizations
- Background - sets the background color
- Dark Mode - enabling dark mode will switch the font colour from dark to light so that is displays better on dark background colors
- Accent - use this to set the color for the buttons and navigation indicator
- Button text - use this to choose if you want light or dark text on buttons within the sign-up form
- Nav bar - use this to set the colour of the header and footer bars
- Nav bar text - use this to choose if you want light or dark text on the header
- Font - select your organization's font or check out Google Fonts to find one that works for you
- Text field style - adjust this to change how the input fields are displayed
- Navigation bar shadow - use this to add or change a shadow under the main navigation bar/header
- Button corners - adjust this to make the corners of buttons more round or more square
- Button shadows - enable the toggle to turn on shadows under the form buttons
When user onboarding is enabled it is possible for anyone on the internet to access your form and become a member. We recommend making payments required and plan assignment required.
This means anyone coming into your venue will have a credit card and a plan assigned to their profile.