To allow new users to sign up for your business via the web, you will first have to create and customize your web onboarding plugin, and then embed the code that you'll export from your web dashboard on to your website.
Follow these quick steps below to get going!
Step 1 - Enable the Sign up Widget
- Select Settings from the left-hand menu, followed by Web widgets, and then Sign up.
- This feature should be enabled by default. If it’s not currently enabled, on the right-hand side of the screen under Using this feature, select Enable Feature.
Step 2 - Customizing Your Sign up Widget
- Under General you can upload images for your onboarding form, add some welcome text, and some thank you text.
- To further customize the look of your onboarding form, go to Settings > Web widgets > Theme. Changes made here will affect your onboarding, tour, and your drop-in booking widgets. More on that here.
- If you'd like to feature a specific plan, or a group of plans, during your users' onboarding, you can now use advanced embed options to showcase them. Follow this FAQ to learn how to employ this.
Step 3 - Sharing Your Widget or Link
- Scroll down to Embed and specify how you would like the widget to display on your website (pop up, embed, or via a link).
- Click Get the Embed Code/Link to generate an export of the code or link that can be added to your website.
Embedding user sign-up onto your website
Note: Your website must be SSL enabled (https) in order to accept payments through this feature. If you are not sure if your website meets these requirements, please contact your web developer or website hosting service.
In Step 3 - Sharing Your Widget or Link, you will have generated an export of some code. This needs to be added to your website in order to complete the process of integrating web user sign-up with your website.
When exporting the code, you first have to select how you want the sign-up form to display on your website.
- Embed will allow you to have the sign up form integrated on to one of your existing web pages.
- Pop-up will allow you to have users click a button to open a modal that displays over the top of a webpage.
- Link will give you the URL to which you can connect a "Sign-up" button (or something similar) to open the web user sign-up form on a separate page.
If you are unfamiliar with how to edit your website, it is recommended that you work directly with your web developer on how best to integrate this functionality on your site.
When 'Sign up' is enabled it is possible for anyone on the internet to access your form and become a member. We recommend making payments required and plan assignment required (find this under Settings > Plans > General).
This means anyone coming into your location will have a credit card and a plan assigned to their profile.
Need more info on Settings?