If you want people to be able to book resources in your location directly from your own website, you can do this by embedding the drop-in bookings widget.
Step 1 - Enable Drop-In Booking
- Select Settings from the left-hand menu, followed by Web Widgets, and then Drop-in booking.
- This feature should be enabled by default. If it’s not currently enabled, on the right-hand side of the screen under Using this feature, select Enable Feature.
Step 2 - Customizing Your Drop-In Booking Widget
- Under Options you can add a title for your drop-in booking widget, as well as your cancellation policy.
- Scroll down to Resources to select which rooms you’d like to be available for drop-in booking.
Note: If you are unable to switch a room on/off, it will be because the resource is not set to be bookable by the hour and/or that it’s bookable by administrators only. Click on the 3-dot icon next to the resource and select Resource Settings to go to the resource settings and update this under Booking.
- To customize the look of your drop-in booking widget, you can go to Settings > Web Widgets > Theme. Changes made here will affect both your onboarding and your drop-in booking widgets. More on that here.
Step 3 - Sharing Your Widget or Link
- Scroll to Embed and specify how you would like the widget to display on your website (pop up, embed, or via a link).
- Click Get the Embed Code/Link to generate an export of the code or link that can be added to your website.
Embedding drop-in bookings onto your website
Note: Your website must be SSL enabled (https) in order to accept payments through this feature. If you are not sure if your website meets these requirements, please contact your web developer or website hosting service.
In Step 3 - Sharing Your Widget or Link, you will have generated an export of some code. This needs to be added to your website in order to complete the process of integrating drop-in booking with your website.
When exporting the code, you first have to select how you want the drop-in booking widget to display on your website.
- Embed will allow you to have the booking widget integrated onto one of your existing web pages.
- Pop-up will allow you to have users click a button to open a modal that displays over the top of a webpage.
- Link will give you the URL to which you can connect a "Book" button (or something similar) to open the drop-in booking widget on a separate page.
If you are unfamiliar with how to edit your website, it is recommended that you work directly with your web developer on how best to integrate this functionality on your site. If you don’t currently have a web developer available to you, we recommend using the link option. The link to book directly from your website will be in the format: yoursubdomain.optixapp.com/book.
Advanced: Additional parameters
You can also change the details of your embed code or link to preselect a specific resource, resource type, location, date, time, duration, and/or capacity. For information on how to do this, see this article.
What happens when a drop-in booking is made?
When a drop-in booking is made via your widget or link, you as the administrator will receive an email confirmation with details of the booking. In your dashboard, you’ll also see that you have a new active user.
Note: The drop-in booking widget does not override existing user names. If an existing user (with the same email) tries to book a resource using the widget, the booking will be under their name as seen in your dashboard and not under any new name they enter in the drop-in booking widget.
Need more info on Settings?