In this article we'll cover:
- Recording a payment or partial payment
- Recording a refund
- Removing a payment, partial payment or refund
- The add a refund button will only appear on an invoice with a balance owing, this allows you to record that the amount owed has been paid out.
- The record a payment button will only appear on Upcoming, Due, or Overdue invoices, allowing you to record a payment or partial payment.
Recording a payment or partial payment
On an Upcoming, Due, or Overdue invoice you will have the option via the top right tool-bar to record a payment.
Clicking this will prompt you to add a payment and note, allowing you to record a full or partial payment on an invoice.
The payment and the new balance as well as the transaction history are recorded on the invoice, and the balance is also reflected on the main invoices screen.
Recording a refund
Similar to recording a payment, you can record a refund on an invoice with a balance owing. This is used to record that the amount owed to the member has been reimbursed, this option only appears on an invoice that has a Credit or Balance remaining.
Prior to adding a refund to an invoice with a balance owing you can see the remaining credit.
Just like adding a payment, you can enter the amount refunded as well as a note.
The final amount owing is adjusted and the transaction history is at the bottom of the invoice along with the note entered.
You will now see that no balance is owed on this invoice from the main invoices screen. This indicates that the refund has been paid or that it has been used in another invoice. If you had only refunded a portion of the balance owing, the balance would reflect this as well.
Removing a payment, partial payment or refund
To remove a payment, partial payment or refund on an invoice, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the invoice that you'd like to correct
- Click the three-dot menu in the top right hand corner and click Remove payment/credit
- Select the payment, partial payment, or refund that you would like to remove and click Remove payment/credit
Note: By removing a payment, you are not refunding the user. You will still need to log into your payment gateway and process the refund.