Spaces in Optix have internal calendars which manage the availability and bookings of that space. With the Google Calendar or Office 365 integration you are able to sync your calendar with Optix to reduce duplication and ensure your calendars are up-to-date.
There are two steps to successfully sync your external calendar to your Optix account. Step one is to sync the overall accounts together. Step two is to link a specific calendar (associated with a particular meeting room) with the corresponding space within Optix. In this FAQ, you'll learn how to sync Google Calendar or Office 365 with Optix so that new bookings will automatically sync to both your venue dashboard and your calendar.
Step 1: Sync your Google/Office 365 Calendar with Optix:
- Login to your optixapp.com subdomain
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu
- Click Connect next to either the Google Calendar or Office 365 integration and enter the admin email and password for your account. Once you’ve inputted your details, you will be redirected back to Optix where you can connect spaces in Optix to either your Google or Office 365 calendar.
Step 2: Connect a specific Google Calendar or Office 365 with a corresponding space within Optix:
Once you've connected your Google Calendar account, you're ready to sync a specific Google Calendar with its corresponding space within Optix.
Note: Keep in mind that you can only sync one google calendar to one space within one of your venues (i.e. Google Calendar ABC can be synced with Meeting Room ABC).
- Select Venues & Spaces from the left-hand menu
- Select the venue you wish to modify
- Select the Spaces tab
- Click the space you with to edit
- Scroll to the 'Calendar' section and select a calendar from the dropdown menu
Note: You cannot sync a desk to an external calendar at this time.
- Choose which of your Google or Office 365 calendars you want to connect to this space, then click Save