If you want prospective customers to be able to book tours at your business directly from your own marketing website, you can do this by embedding the tour widget. Learn more here.
Syncing tour bookings to an external calendar
You can sync tours bookings made via the tour widget to connected Google calendars. Syncing your calendar with Optix will allow you to reduce duplication with tour bookings and block out any hours that your organization is not able to provide tours.
Note: Users are currently able to book tours within the operating hours of the location they're looking to book a tour at. In order to customize these hours further, you'll need to block out bookings in the connected calendar to stop tours from being booked during those hours.
There are two steps to successfully sync your tour bookings to an external calendar. Step one is to sync your external calendar to your Optix account. Step two is to link a specific calendar (associated with a particular location) with the corresponding location within Optix.
Step 1: Sync your Google Calendar with Optix:
- Select Apps from the left-hand menu then click Find new apps
- Scroll down and click Google Cal
- Click Install
- Enter the Google account credentials for the account where the tour booking calendars are hosted
- You will be redirected back to Optix where you can connect specific locations within Optix to the linked calendars (see steps below)
Step 2: Connect a specific Google Calendar with a corresponding location within Optix:
Once you've connected your Google account, you're ready to sync a specific Google Calendar with its corresponding resource within Optix.
- Select Apps from the left-hand menu
- Click on either Google Calendar, and click Configure
- Scroll to the 'Tour calendars' section and click Configure
- Choose which of your Google calendars you want to connect each location to in the calendar drop-down menu