Booking on behalf of a user in the Optix manager's dashboard for drop-in or one-time meeting/ conference room bookings allows you to collect payment immediately.
To create an upfront room booking and collect payment immediately:
- Log into your optixapp.com subdomain
- Select Dashboard from the left-hand menu
- To the right of the calendar, select the room you'd like to book
- Select a time in the calendar to book the room on behalf of the user
Note: Clicking and dragging your mouse down before releasing allows you to select a specific range of time.
- Enter the user's name (for an existing user within your Optix account) or email (for new users) and click Next
Note: If this is a new user to your venue, entering their email will register them as a new user in your Optix account. They'll receive an email welcoming them to download your venue's app, where they can register their account, review their invoices, etc.
- On the 'Usage/payment' dropdown menu, select Collect payment now
- Select a payment method. If there isn't a payment method already linked to the user's account (this will be the case if you have just added them as a new user), then select Add a payment method
- Enter their payment information, then click Continue
- The user will receive an email notifying them of the charge