Booking on behalf of a user in the admin dashboard for drop-in or one-time meeting/ conference room bookings allows you to collect payment immediately.
To create an upfront room booking and collect payment immediately:
1. Log into your optixapp.com subdomain
2. Select Schedule from the left-hand menu of your web dashboard
3. Click Create in the top right corner to create a new booking; or, select a time in the calendar to book the room on behalf of the user
Note: Clicking and dragging your mouse down before releasing allows you to select a specific range of time.
4. Enter the user's name or an existing user within your Optix account or Add a new user, and enter the resource you'd like to book for them
Note: If you add a new user, they'll receive an email welcoming them to download your mobile app, where they can register their account, review their invoices, etc.
5. Under 'Payment methods' dropdown menu, select Single payment.
6. Select a payment method. If there isn't a payment method already linked to the user's account (this will be the case if you have just added them as a new user), then select Add a payment method
7. Enter their payment information, then click Continue
8. The user will receive an email notifying them of the charge
Need more info on the Schedule & Bookings?