Booking on behalf of a user in the admin dashboard for drop-in or one-time meeting/ conference room bookings allows you to collect payment immediately.
To create an upfront room booking and collect payment immediately:
- Log into your optixapp.com subdomain
- Select Schedule from the left-hand menu
- To the right of the calendar, select the room you'd like to book
- Click Create in the top right corner to create a new booking; or, select a time in the calendar to book the room on behalf of the user
Note: Clicking and dragging your mouse down before releasing allows you to select a specific range of time.
- Enter the user's name or an existing user within your Optix account or Add a new user
Note: If you add a new user, they'll receive an email welcoming them to download your mobile app, where they can register their account, review their invoices, etc.
- Under 'Payment methods' dropdown menu, select Single payment.
- Select a payment method. If there isn't a payment method already linked to the user's account (this will be the case if you have just added them as a new user), then select Add a payment method
- Enter their payment information, then click Continue
- The user will receive an email notifying them of the charge