Credit is any invoice line item with a negative amount. If the total balance of an invoice is negative, then that invoice can be used as payment for other invoices for the same user/team. This is known in invoicing terms as a 'credit note'.
Note: Creating a credit note in Optix will not automatically refund a user or a team. You will need to do process your refund via your payment gateway.
How is credit generated?
Credit can be manually generated by a venue manager or in some cases, is automatically created by the system. Credit is automatically generated by Optix when a user or team has paid for a plan or booking and subsequently cancelled.
How is credit applied to an invoice?
Credit can be either automatically be applied or it can be applied manually.
To turn the automatic application of credit setting off:
- Click Settings in the left hand menu
- Navigate to Payments
- Toggle the setting 'Apply available credit when invoices are finalized' off
Note: This setting does not affect credit application when manually finalizing invoices.
How do I manually allocate credit from a finalized negative invoice to one or more finalized positive invoices?
If a user has a negative invoice, you are able to apply their credit to one or more invoices by:
- Navigate to the negative invoice in the Invoices tab
- Click the three dot menu in the top right hand corner of the invoice
- Select 'Apply Credit'
- Indicate the amount that you would like to credit to one or more invoices
- Click 'Apply Credit'
Alternatively, you will be able to navigate to a positive invoice of a user and click 'Apply Credit' in the top right hand corner of the invoice.
As a venue manager, can I undo credit allocation?
Yes! As a venue manager, you are able to undo a credit allocation by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the invoice where the credit has been applied
- Click the three-dot menu in the top right hand corner and click 'Remove payment/credit'
- Select the credit that you would like to remove and click 'Remove payment/credit'