Partial or full refunds need to be processed directly through your payment gateway.
Depending on what the refund is for, the platform may automatically create a credit note in Optix (i.e. you cancel a past room booking for a user that had a charge, Optix will automatically credit the user).
In the case that you need to manually issue a refund (i.e. you charged them for the wrong type of membership plan, they're no longer renting a parking space and you hadn't yet removed the charge from their monthly-recurring invoice, etc.) you can do that within your payment gateway account. We do, however, recommend you also create a credit note in Optix as a record for this for both you and your member, or manually record the refund on your user's invoice.
To process a refund in Stripe:
- Log into your Stripe account
- Find the charge to be refunded in the payments overview page of your Stripe account
- Click the … icon to the right of the charge
- Select Refund payment from the menu that appears
- In the resulting prompt, select partial refund or full refund
- Click Refund
To learn more about how refunds work within Stripe, visit the Stripe FAQ on refunds.
To process a refund through a payment gateway other than Stripe:
- Log into your payment gateway account
- Find the charge to be refunded
- Complete the required refund process by following on screen instructions or referencing your payments gateway's help page
Need more info on Invoices?