In accordance with Section 4.2.6 of the App Store Review Guidelines, Apple requires that apps are published from a developer account registered to your organization. Apple no longer permits us to publish apps for third parties from our developer account.
In order to create a developer account and provide Optix with the requisite permissions to publish apps on your behalf, please complete the two processes outlined below.
Steps to register for an Apple Developer Account
- Log in with your Apple ID and search for or request a D-U-N-S number for your organization. If your organization is a sole proprietorship, you can enroll as an individual and bypass the D-U-N-S number requirement. After requesting a D-U-N-S Number, please allow up to 5 business days to receive your number. Once you receive your D-U-N-S Number, please allow up to 2 business days for Apple to receive your information. After this period, you may enroll as a company/organization in the Apple Developer Program. Learn more about this process here.
We recommend requesting a D-U-N-S number via the Apple website using this link. If requesting directly from the Dun & Bradstreet website, the process may take longer than 5 days. There is no need to pay to expedite the service.
- Visit https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ to enroll in the Apple Developer Program. Apple charges an annual fee of $99 USD to maintain a developer account.
- Add email@example.com as a developer with admin permissions on your account so that our team can publish apps on your behalf
Adding Optix to your App Store Connect account
- Log in to your Apple App Connect account here
- Select 'Users & Roles'
- Click the + icon then enter the below details
First name: Casey
Last name: Yu
- Select the checkbox next to Admin to grant Optix access to set up your app, then click Next. If you have multiple apps on your account, you can specify the app to which you are granting us permissions.
- We recommend providing approval for the below notifications:
Agreements: We can notify you if there are any Apple agreements that needs approval by the team agent. Note that agreements can only be accepted by the account agent. Failure to accept any Apple agreements/policy changes will prevent us from submitting future apps updates.
App Status Reports: This will allow us to monitor the app approval / rejections status
App Analytics Weekly Email Summary
If you have any questions about this process, get in touch with the Optix support team through the in dashboard chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org