This article covers:
Setting your invoice date
You must determine your desired organization billing date (day of the month your invoices and finalized and become due) before you start using Optix. This field is by default the 1st of the month, and can only be edited until such time that invoices are created in Optix.
To determine if your billing date has been locked:
- Select Settings from the left-hand menu, then click Payments
- If you see a greyed out bar under 'Invoice billing date' your billing date is indeed locked, otherwise you will be able to edit this field
For further support with invoice billing dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Configuring your invoice settings
Most of your invoice and payment settings can be configured by clicking Settings from the left-hand menu and then Payments. From this screen, you will be able to set your:
- Organization tax number (VAT/GST/HST etc.)
- Tax rate to be applied to all invoice charges
- Invoice notification preferences.
When you have enabled invoice notifications, users will receive an email reminder 2 days prior and on the invoice due date.
- Payment instructions
When you specify payment instructions, these will appear on all invoices
Requiring payment methods
Requiring payment methods from users is a great way to set your organization up for hassle free billing. If you wish to enable auto payments (read on for more info), requiring payments methods is a recommended first step.
- Click Settings from the left-hand menu, then click Mobile Apps
- Under the 'User access' section, enable the toggle next to 'Require new users to add a payment method'
Enabling this will require all users to input a payment method before they can perform any actions within your workplace app.
If you wish for certain users to be exempt from having to input a payment method (e.g. they have negotiated with you to pay by another method) you can disable the requirement at the user/team level.
- Click Users from the left-hand menu, click in to the Teams tab if applicable
- Locate the user/team who you'd like to manually disable auto-payments for, and click their name
- Select Account from the side panel
- Within the 'Payment Method' section, click the toggle next to 'Required' to disable for the user
Enabling auto payments
Optix is capable of completely automating the billing process for your organization. In order to get the most out of auto payments, it is recommended that in addition to enabling the auto pay setting, you also require users to add a payment method to their Optix account as described in the section above.
- Click Settings from the left-hand menu, then click Payments
- Enable the toggle next to 'Automatically process payments for all invoices on the billing date'.
Enabling this setting will automatically process payments for any users who have a payment method attached to their account in Optix.
If you don't wish to have auto pay enabled at the organization level, users will be able to choose if they have payments triggered manually or automatically from within the app. In this case, you can see who has elected to have auto payments by viewing the account section under the user or team side panel.