Your desks, meeting rooms and offices can be set up and managed easily within Optix. This article will cover the process for creating, duplicating and editing spaces.
All of these actions can be completed by clicking on Locations & Spaces in the dashboard menu, then selecting the venue you wish to manage spaces for, and clicking in to the Spaces tab.
Use the below links to jump to:
Create a space
- Click the blue plus button in the top right of the 'Spaces' screen
- Specify basic space information in the 'Details' section
Specify a 'Space name'. This is what will be visible to users when booking through the app
Select a 'Space type'. Space types are used to categorize similar spaces and relate to the way in which you can grant users allowances through plans. Learn more about space types here.
Add a space description and capacity (for rooms)
- Define your booking preferences
Use the toggle next to 'This space can be booked by the hour' to tell Optix if you want the space to be available for bookings in the app. If enabled, you will be prompted to enter some additional fields.
Booking type determines if the space shows up under the 'Book a desk' or 'Book a room' section of the app.
When booking type is set to 'Desk', you will have the option to specify a 'Booking Group'. Booking groups are a mechanism to group together desks that have the same/similar properties and display them as a single group on the user's booking screen instead of listing them out individually.
If you want a space to be available for bookings outside of the opening hours you specified on the 'Details' tab, you can enable this by using the 24/7 toggle.
- Link a calendar
If you have enabled a calendar integration (Google, Office 365 or Exchange) on the 'Integrations' page, you will see a calendar section where you can either select or specify which external calendar you want to link to the space. If a calendar is linked, any bookings made in Optix will block time in the linked calendar and vice versa.
You can learn more about configuring calendar integrations here.
- Under the 'Amenities' section, specify any included room features/amenities. This information will cede in to the space profile that users can reference when making a booking.
- Specify pricing for the space. Optix will always first look to see if there is a plan allowance to charge a booking to, and the prices specified will come in to effect for:
- Off plan bookings (user has no allowance for particular space/space type included on their plan, or no plan at all)
- Plan overages (when the allowance for a particular space/space type is exhausted)
- ShareDesk marketplace bookings, in cases where you have this integration enabled
- Click Save
Duplicate a space
If you have multiple spaces with similar properties (e.g. 20 hot desks) you can use the duplicate feature to save yourself time during the set up process.
- Click the more button (three vertical dots) next to the space you wish to duplicate
- In the window that pops up on screen, specify how many duplicates you would like to create as well as your desired naming convention, then click Duplicate
Editing a single space
You can change any space property by clicking on the space you wish to edit. If you want to update the same property (e.g. price or 24/7 bookings) for a group of spaces, you can use the bulk editing functionality.
Editing multiple spaces (bulk edits)
Many space attributes can be updated by using the bulk edit functionality in Optix. This allows you to quickly change a property across multiple spaces without having to click in to each one individually. The following attributes can be updated using bulk edit, any others must be updated for each space individually.
- Space name
- Booking type
- Minimum booking time
- 24/7 availability
- Hourly price
- Daily price
To use the bulk edit function:
- Select the spaces you wish to edit using the checkbox to the left of the space information
- Click Bulk Edit at the bottom of your screen
- Select the attribute you wish to update
- Make changes and click Save
To delete an individual space, you can simply click in to the space and then click Delete space in at the bottom of the screen.
To delete multiple spaces, select the spaces using the checkbox to the left of the space information, then click Delete all from the blue bar at the bottom of your screen.