Learn how to process a refund for a user.
Partial or full refunds need to be processed directly through your payment gateway. Depending on what the refund is for, the platform may automatically create a refund receipt in Optix (i.e. you cancel a past room booking for a user that had a charge). However in the case that you need to manually issue a refund (i.e. you charged them for the wrong type of membership plan, they're no longer renting a parking space and you hadn't yet removed the charge from their monthly-recurring invoice, etc.) you can do that within your payment gateway account.
To process a refund in Stripe:
- Log into your Stripe account
- Find the charge to be refunded in the payments overview page of your Stripe account
- Click the … icon to the right of the charge
- Select Refund payment from the menu that appears
- In the resulting prompt, select partial refund or full refund
- Click Refund
To learn more about how refunds work within Stripe, visit the Stripe FAQ on refunds.
To process a refund through a payment gateway other than Stripe:
- Log into your payment gateway account
- Find the charge to be refunded
- Complete the required refund process by following on screen instructions or referencing your payments gateway's help page
Note: If Optix doesn't automatically create a refund receipt, it can be manually created by a venue administrator.
To learn how to manually create a refund receipt within Optix, click here.