When you assign a team or a user to a plan, monthly recurring invoices will be automatically generated. However, if you need to create a manual, one-time invoice for a user or team, you can follow these steps:
- Select Users from the left-hand menu
- Locate and click on the user
- Scroll down and select the 'Invoices' section on the righthand side panel
- Click on New invoice
- Select the billing date for the invoice, and a blank invoice will be created
- To create a line item, click Add service or discount
Note: if the invoice is due today, you'll notice the 'Due' banner in the upper right. If the invoice is due on a future date, it will not show the 'Due banner you see above.
- Type in a description, quantity, cost per unit (before tax), and the tax rate for the service
- Click Add to add the service or discount onto the invoice
Note: You can also use the 'discount' tab to create a manual refund receipt for a user. Ensure you make this clear in the 'Description' field.
- Continue to click Add service or discount to add any additional line items
- When you're satisfied, click Send Invoice at the top
Note: If the invoice was set to be due today, the user will receive an email right away notifying them of the invoice and be able to pay for it immediately. If the invoice is due in the future, the user will receive an email notifying them, but they won't yet be able to pay for it.