As a venue administrator, you can make bookings on behalf of users from within the dashboard. This includes being able to create bookings for one-off users / non members and charge them immediately.
Creating a booking
- Select Dashboard from the left-hand menu
- To the right of the calendar, select the room you'd like to book
- Select a time in the calendar to book the room on behalf of the user
Note: Clicking and dragging your mouse down before releasing allows you to select a specific range of time. Alternatively, you can click the start time and then specify a duration from the drop down menu.
- Enter the user's name (for an existing user within your Optix account) or email (for new users) and click Next
Note: If this is a new user to your venue, entering their email will register them as a new user in your Optix account. They'll receive an email welcoming them to download your venue's app, where they can register their account, review their invoices, etc. If you prefer for them not to be able to access the app, you can change their user status to inactive once you have charged them.
- Under the 'Usage/payment' dropdown menu, select the applicable plan or charging method.
To charge the booking to a plan allowance, select the name of the plan
To add the charge to the user's next invoice (on your next organization billing date), select Add to Invoice
To process payment immediately, select Collect payment now and then enter their payment information
- Once you're done, click Confirm
- The user will receive an email notifying them of the booking and any applicable charges