Optix uses Microsoft Exchange Web Services (EWS) to connect to your on-premise or cloud hosted Exchange server. You'll need to ask a server administrator to perform a few tasks in order for Optix to access & sync your calendars.
- Create a new user account on your Exchange server for Optix to authenticate as - we recommend something like email@example.com
- Make sure that this account has access to the meeting room mailboxes you wish to use within Optix
- Give this user the "Application Impersonation" role within Exchange - This is a special role that allows connected applications to manage and "impersonate" multiple mailboxes with a single login. Without this role, Optix will not be able to update your Exchange calendars.
- Save this user account login details as they will be needed in the next step.
Note: depending on your company's password policy, this account may have regular scheduled password resets. If this occurs, then Exchange may stop sending information to Optix until the password is reset and updated in Optix. In order to prevent this, we recommend removing the password reset policy assigned to this specific user account.
In your Optix dashboard:
- Select Apps from the left-hand menu then click Find new apps
- Scroll down and click Exchange
- Click Install
- Enter the generic Exchange via Office 365 Host URL (outlook.office365.com), along with the Username or Email, and password for the new account you created earlier
- Click Save
- To connect your Exchange account with a space, select Venues & Spaces from the left-hand menu, select the venue you want to modify, click the more button (three vertical dots) next to the space and then click Edit
- Scroll to the 'Calendar' section
- Input the email address of the Exchange Room Resource you want to connect to this space
- Click Save