What is a Network Model?
The Network Model allows you to run multiple locations with administrative separation while allowing your members the ability to book spaces between all locations.
You are Coworking Company LTD. with three locations in the city Ponyville. You would like each location to have its own administrative staff and members and effectively manage themselves. But you also want to allow members from all three locations to book rooms at all locations, not just their 'home' location.
A network model will provide you with this ability. It's important to note that you will be invoiced for each instance of Optix that you are running, and that members can only use their Plans at their 'home' location, but will have the ability to book at all locations across the network.
Once you've decided if this is the right move for your organization, this document will guide you through the process.
What do I need to do?
- Create unique instances of Optix for each of your locations (or subset of locations) - the support team will provide a link to complete this
- Integrate a payment gateway with each location
- Create your plans
- Identify the 'primary location' for all of your existing users
- Use the bulk upload functionality to upload users to their 'primary location' and assign them the new version of their membership plans
- Review each instance of Optix to ensure everything is set up the way you intended
- Confirm back to the Optix support team that you are ready to move ahead. We will be able to establish the network and you'll be off to the races!
- Cancel any plans assigned to users under the 'old' account to avoid them being charged twice
What should I tell my members?
Minimal action will be required from your members as a result of this change. We suggest advising your members to do the following:
- Completely shut down the app
- From the home screen, tap the location name to switch to their 'primary location'
- Enter any user properties or payment information (if you've made this information required)
NOTE: User payment methods will not migrate over automatically to the new instances of Optix from your existing one. If you want to do this, reach out to support who will help you coordinate a migration with your payment gateway provider.
- Use your current instance of Optix to manage the location that has the most users. This will help ensure minimum disruption to your members (and less set up work for you!)
- If you have members who will need to re-enter payment details, make the switch well in advance of the next billing date to ensure they have time to do so (this will help ensure you don't have any missed revenue)