This article covers:
- What is a plan?
- Creating plans
- Editing plans
- Understanding plan allowances
- Multi-location plans
- Deleting plans
What is a plan?
Plans in Optix serve two primary purposes:
- Provide users a defined allowance (in hours or a currency amount) that they consume via room bookings, desk bookings and check-ins. Optix tracks bookings/usage and deducts from the available allowance automatically.
- Provide users a non-allowance amenity associated with their membership at your resource. This could be anything from parking to a locker or concierge services.
Plans can be set up on a recurring (monthly, annually) or one-time basis and are integrated with the invoicing functionality in Optix. They can be assigned to an individual user or a team.
Note: To help you along, we've created examples of several common plan settings with screenshots from their settings to guide you.
Plans must first be created in the Plans menu, then they will become available to assign to users and teams.
1. Click Plans from the left-hand menu
2. Click Add plan
3. Enter a plan name, description and make note of any restrictions associated with this plan (e.g. Monday - Friday, 8AM - 6PM only)
Note: The 'Public facing' toggle determines if users can select a particular plan either during the self-onboarding process or in-app. This is only relevant if you have set your user access settings under Settings > Web widgets > Sign up to 'Users can register themselves' or if you've enabled 'Allow users to purchase personal plans in-app' under Settings > Plans. In all other cases, plans are only assigned by administrators.
4. In the 'Billing preferences' section, specify the billing frequency (monthly, annually or one-time) as well as the price.
Note: The price should be set to the standard rate for the particular plan. If you have existing users who have special pricing arrangements, those can be managed during the process of assigning the plan to a user or team.
In the billing section, specify any standard deposit or set-up fee to be collected when the plan is first assigned to the user/team.
5. For plans that involve an allowance (days, hours or a currency amount), click Add Access/Discount. For amenity only plans (e.g. lockers, parking) click Save
6. Select Hourly bookings or Daily check-ins as your access type
Hourly bookings provides an allowance (in hours or a currency amount) that can be used towards bookings for certain resources within your location(s). This is most commonly used for meeting and conference rooms. This access type can also be used if your organization has a desk booking policy by which desks are reserved by the hour.
Daily check-ins provides a certain number of days of access to your location(s) and does not relate to a specific resource within the location. A daily check-in allowance is consumed by users registering a check-in through the app. It is the best option if you have a hot desking policy whereby users's just have to let you know they've arrived for the day and can use any of the common facilities (no desk booking required).
7. Specify which location(s) and/or resources you want the access to apply to
8. Specify a discount for any overage charges in the 'Discount' field. This discount will be applied to any bookings not covered by an allowance under the plan.
9. Add additional layers of access on to the plan by following steps #5-8
Note: A single plan can involve both 'hourly bookings' access and 'daily check-ins' access types. (e.g. a plan that provides 10 hours of meeting room bookings and 15 days of hot desking per month)
10. When you're ready, click Save
All attributes of a plan, with the exception of billing frequency, can be updated after the plan is initially created. When making changes, you will have the option to notify any users/teams currently assigned to a particular plan.
- Click Plans from the left-hand menu
- Locate the plan you wish to edit, then click View/Edit
- Make any desired updates. If you wish to remove a particular access click Remove in the bottom right corner of the relevant layer.
Note: If you change the allowance provided as part of an access layer (e.g. change the number of hours included in the plan), saving the changes will reset the allowance for the period back to zero and any usage already accumulated during the period will not be charged against the plan. If you'd like to avoid this reset, make changes to plans as close to your monthly billing date as possible.
- Scroll down and click Save
- For plans with current subscribers, a pop up window will appear asking if you'd like to notify assigned users of the changes. Make your selection then click Confirm
Understanding plan allowances
For monthly plans, allowances reset on your organization billing date (viewable under Settings > Invoicing).
For plans on an annual billing cycle, allowance resets one year following the plan start date.
Plan Timeline (history)
Interested in seeing a history of your plan including all invoice items? Click here to learn more about our Timeline feature.
If your organization has multiple locations set up in Optix, you can configure your plans to apply to a single or multiple locations. While the database of plans exists at the organization level, you can specify which location(s) an access grant applies to during the plan creation process.
For example, you can offer 5 hours of meeting room access when the user is at Location A only, or you can allow the user to book meeting rooms at any of your locations (A, B, or C) up to 5 hours total.
You can also take a hybrid approach that provides a certain allowance at the 'primary location' (the resource a user works out of most frequently) and a different allowance for other locations run by your organization. (i.e. a 'Hot Desk' plan might include 50 hours of hot desk bookings at all locations and 5 hours of meeting room time at Location A per month).
If you are no longer using a particular plan for any members, you can delete it from your Optix account. Before you can do so, you'll have to remove all users who are currently assigned to the plan.
- Click Plans from the left-hand menu
- Locate the plan which you'd like to delete, then click View/Edit
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Delete Plan